Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

A lot has been going on lately! So I'd like to give a quick summary of what I've been up to.

The Good
Three new projects have been started. While I am not ready to announce two of them, there is one that I will share: Pocket Protector is being revamped completely. I'm going back and expanding on the game to better take advantage of the engine I built and to realize the vision I had for the game. Some new features include an entirely redone menu system(you're welcome, right??), redesigned enemy AI, new spells, more enemies, and a redone dungeoning system. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, guys, I promise.

The Bad
I haven't had nearly as much time to work on things in the past few weeks. I got sick, have tons of schoolwork, and have been swamped with preparing for college. Despite that, I've been doing what I can to try to keep my pace.

The Ugly
Z4R is coming along just fine, but it's taken the backseat for now in lieu of my other projects. Technical issues from working with the iOS platform have slowed development greatly due to my unfamiliarity with it's innards, so it's nice to be working on a game like Pocket Protector again where I can focus on the content & features rather than the technical side of things. I expect that development will be slow on Z4R for quite some time while I continue to familiarize myself with the iOS platform.


To close things off on a POSITIVE note, I'm opening a suggestion box for Pocket Protector in case there is anything you'd like to see in the new version. I'm very interested in your feedback!
Suggestion Box

No comments:

Post a Comment