Friday, July 1, 2011

Pocket Protector is almost complete!

All eight beautiful stages are complete.

The shops are full of items.

The enemies are plentiful.

And the hats are elegant as ever!

Pocket Protector, ladies and gentleman, is nearing it’s very final stages of development. It’s been a long time since I started this game, almost eight months ago, and to see it nearing completion is almost surreal. It’s a satisfying and wonderful feeling, to be honest. After all of the time I’ve spent pouring my creativity into this game, it’s almost ready to be called a product.

Here’s a fun little fact I calculated! If I were to have spent the same amount of time on this game at a day job at minimum wage, I’d have made $21,840. Even so, I don’t regret a single minute I’ve spent on this game! It’s been a wonderful creative and learning experience. That said, I am still kind of hoping to get some sort of return on this.(can you blame me?)

Anywho! I’m looking for testers now! Here’s a little criterion, but don’t let it scare you away!

  • Must provide detailed first impressions
  • Report any bugs found, giving as much situational information as possible.
  • Give detailed suggestions to improve the game.(if you have any)
  • Must explore all of the various game options and give detailed feedback on how they work both individually and as a whole.(in this case, I mean try all the weapons and spells and tell me how well they worked individually and also how well they worked in comparison with each other, same for spells, etc.)
  • Provide a video of you playing, preferably for the first time. Audio is not necessary, but commentary is appreciated.
  • You may not under any circumstances share this game's file with anyone else. Sure, your friend can play it, but don't go giving the game file out or uploading it to a file sharing server. I have no way to prevent you from doing this, so please just don't be a dick.

All done! It’s just here to help insure I get quality feedback. If you’re interested in testing my game, email me at jackmakesgames@gmail.com. Tell me who you are, why you’d like to test my game, and how well you’ll be able to comply with my requirements above.

Thank you!

Blue Sweatshirt signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment